Sunday, June 22, 2008

Humming Bird Window




I've started a new project. It's a old window frame that I'm going to add a glass on glass design to. This window is going to have different coloured morning glories, and humming birds, with leaves and vines.
This window frame was in pretty good shape, it was bright red, and just needed a bit of putty.
I've taken a old window frame, stripped it and added a stain to frame.
I decided to put a dark mahogany stain on it, and then going to seal the wood.


I've started placing my pattern pieces on the window, not sure if this is the position they will stay in, I'm a long way from being done. I've also added little morning glory buds, and the top of these buds, I've created little glass beads in my kiln to add a whimsical look to the buds.

One of the humming birds placed on the window, you can't see it but the green for the humming bird is iredescent green water glass...will look really cool.


I've been working away on the window today and just about finished with the main elements of the design. A overview of todays progress.There is still lots more to do on the window, It's coming together nicely.

2 comments:

Do Mosaics said...

I can't wait to see the finished windows. I have done 2 windows so far and love it. Keep us posted on your progress please.

Arlene said...

As usual fantastic work!!! I love that window almost as much as the one you made me!!! Keep up the great work!!!
Love ya,
Arlene